Sunday, December 18, 2011

Just Getting Started...

Okay, here we are on my *new* food blog! As a home cook who just can't leave well enough alone, this blog will give me a place to share some of my favorite recipes and food-lovin' adventures. So here goes...

First of all, my new friends J&D became a forever family yesterday, and I was lucky enough to be asked to help out with the food. It was so fun, and I got to spend the day doing what I LOVE to do, which is cook and serve beautiful and delicious food to lovely people!

The menu from yesterday was a big hit. The reception was held in J&D's beautiful home and was a small friendly affair with approximately 30 guests, and the food was arranged buffet-style. Here's what I served:

Bruschetta with Tomatoes, Basil & Caramelized Onions
Smoked Turkey & Cranberry Roll-up Sandwiches
Herb-Grilled Chicken Skewers
Crab-Stuffed Mushrooms
Vegetarian Pasta Salad with Almonds, Artichoke Hearts, Peas, & Tomatoes
Whole-Grain Parmesan Bread Sticks

Thanks to everyone for the compliments on the food and presentation, and I especially enjoyed getting to chat and catch up with some old friends! And Kim took some pictures of the buffet table so I hopefully will get one or two of those posted soon.

Until next time...