Friday, December 30, 2011

Hotcha-Chocolate

As I was sitting here tonight "working" at my computer and thinking about my chilly toes, the thought came to me that I have not yet had a cup of hot chocolate this winter season. So guess what? I'm on my way to kitchen to remedy that little problem. Here's a recipe and a photo to inspire you... go make you some and get your warm on!

HOT COCOA MIX

5 cups non-fat dry milk powder
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup non-dairy creamer

Sift all ingredients together. Store in a jar or other container with a tightly-fitting lid. 

To prepare: place 4 tablespoons mix into a large mug. Add approximately 1 cup hot water and stir well. Top with whipped cream or marshmallows, if desired. Go to your favorite cozy corner of the sofa, grab a good book, put your feet up, relax, and enjoy!

Until next time...