Friday, January 13, 2012

Lovely Lemonade

I discovered this delightful, creamy and refreshing take on lemonade this past Summer. I find it amazing and delicious. I've made it for a few friends and they have agreed with me. Give it a try - I believe you will thank me! (can also be made with 3/4 cup honey in place of the sugar)...

CREAMY LEMONADE

1 cup sugar
1 cup water
3/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
4 cups water
1/3 cup heavy cream

Start by creating a simple syrup: combine the sugar and 1 cup water in a saucepan, and heat until the sugar dissolves and mixture is just coming to a boil. Remove from heat and set aside to cool to room temperature. Meanwhile, combine lemon juice and 4 cups water in a pitcher. Add cooled syrup and cream and stir well. Keep chilled until ready to serve. Stir well (mixture separates as it sits – cream rises to the top). Serve over ice.